Here are a few I have made recently

Fergy35

I am still a complete rookie and nowhere up to the standards of the fine makers I keep seeing on here, but I keep trying to learn and improve bit by bit. Of course with everything going on with an older house that needs some work, kids that have stuff going on and this god awful heat lately I haven't had much time in the shop. Anyway, here are a few I've been working on.

This is #4. It is made from some scrap 1/8" thick O1 from a local machine shop. I squeezed what I could out of the piece I had. I am not a real fan of the design, it looked good on paper, but not sure about it now. Scales are natural canvas micarta.
84b0b28d.jpg

1f966849.jpg

d28e36ac.jpg

This is #5. I had looked at a picture of a TDI, but have not handled one yet. I figured what the heck, that looks like it would fit on that next piece of scrap. So I sketched my version of it on the steel and this is what I got. Again it is O1. This time it is 3/16" thick. The scales are a home brew denim laminate.
35bd6e79.jpg

e2e1f0a8.jpg

This is #7 (haven't got pictures of #6 yet). It is still in process and is currently waiting for heat treat. This one is 1/8" O1 that Cubby was kind enough to give me when I visited him. Not 100% certain what I will be doing for scales yet. I have some home brew black and tan linen laminate that may end up on this one.
db97b865.jpg

4ce166f2.jpg

Anyway, thanks for looking.

Looks good! Happy with your designs or not, you are doing a perfectly respectable job turning them out in steel.

I don't see anything at all wrong with those! I think it's time you got away from calling yourself a complete rookie :)

I know what you mean about the heat, it has kept me away from the bench for a while now.
I like your work. We might need to get together sometime so you can give me some pointers.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. LaGrange, that would be good, but I think it would be sharing tips. Your work is looking pretty dang good.

Back