RIP Blackie Collins

wadsworm

I don't know how fast news travels from where I live to the knifemaking community but I thought y'all might want to know that Blackie Collins died this past wednesday while riding his motorcycle at i20 and hey 178 here in sc.

Here's the article
http://lexington-sc.patch.com/articles/deadly-week-on-lexington-county-roads

Now I didn't know the man. But I've always been a fan of knives and I am just starting out with knifemaking, but I'm sure all of us here can appreciate another knifemakers journey and his absence from the community.

Rest in peace Blackie.
Blackie was at the core of makers who inspired me to start on this journey in the late 70's.

Rudy

I hated to hear that. Blackie Collins was a wealth of information and was always willing to share it. The knife making world lost a good man. Rest in peace Blackie.

Yeah I was looking for bladesmiths in my area that maybe I could check out their shop and learn some stuff from and he popped up as local. Googled him for his website and the article was third link down.

I first meet blackie in the 70s when he was just getting started. He always had a table at out local gun shows. He will be missed.

Back