When it all comes together...

BRad704

So far this morning has been wonderful for me because I met a fellow knifemaker who lives in my small town!!! But to truly grasp how special it was to meet him, I have to set up the back-story of my last few days...

So far this week I have stressed over my divorce fees, stressed over lack of money in general, gotten a lovely fever blister, had a sore throat, developed a weird swollen spot on the upper tip of my right ear, got a speeding ticket yesterday, stressed over not being able to get my KITH knife sharp enough, and I forgot my laptop charger at work last night.

Fast forward to this morning... We are leaving for the lake today after lunch, so I finished packing and that's when I realized the charger. I knew I had to get the knife in the mail today, so I abandoned the Lansky and went to the 3 sided stone and actually did my best hand sharpening job EVER on this knife! It's not gonna pass any JS cutting tests, but for me as a beginner, I'm happy with what I did. So I finish sharpening, and go to box it up, the knife and sheath fit PERFECTLY in the box like they were made for each other. Small victory, but I'll take it.

Now finish getting dressed by putting on my new Les George shirt, and I leave for Walmart to buy a laptop charger and to my surprise, they HAD ONE that works for my Acer! I get to the check out, and spend 10 minutes chatting ;) with a lovely young blonde who now wants to buy some paracord bracelets from me... plus I got her number... :D

I stop at the PO on the way back home to mail the box, and had there not been a lady in there getting a passport, I woulda been out in 2 minutes and back home in 5. BUT, I waited like a nice normal guy and after I checked out, the guy behind me asks "so do you make knives?" I said yeah, I'm still learning, but I that's actually what I'm mailing today. He says "COOL, I make knives too!" And we get to talking and he is the Assoc Pastor at the Baptist Church about 45 seconds from my house! We are gonna get together some over the next few weeks to check out each other's setups and maybe do a 2 man hammer in sometime cause he is set up for full forging, plus has a homebuilt 2x72. He had a katana sized blade that he had forged from a piece of leaf spring that was pretty good for someone who just does it for random entertainment.

It's amazing to think that if I had not gone to the office yesterday and gotten that speeding ticket, I wounldn't be working from home today. And if I hadn't forgotten my charger, I wouldn't have needed to go to Walmart and talk paracord with a cute blonde, and if I had been impatient at the PO and left, or tried to cut line for my one simple box, I would have never met another knifemaker... and wearing ANY other shirt I own would have left us as complete strangers.

God is good... even when you are at your lowest, which is where I've been all week until today. :)

Amazing! God works in strange ways. Some times you need to get down real low - on your backside- to be able to see high enough.
Great story.

Wait, you had a horrible week? How can you say that? I know you spoke to me at least once this week, that should have made for a great week. :D LOL! Glad to hear things are looking up for you brother. You deserve it.

Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug. Sounds like you turned a bug week into a windshield week ;)

It's true that God still loves us even when we feel lost and alone, but I also think He helps those that help themselves. By that I mean, you helped bring about good "luck" or "karma" by doing your best on your work and showing patience and consideration to others even when you were frustrated. It's a good lesson for all of us :)

Wait, you had a horrible week? How can you say that? I know you spoke to me at least once this week, that should have made for a great week. :D LOL! Glad to hear things are looking up for you brother. You deserve it.

AND you had a cool shirt! :)

Back