Meet our AMERICAN VALOR OUTDOORS candidate.

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
Take a minute to meet SSG Charles Pannell. Charles has been chosen as our first candidate to attend this years trophy deer hunt.

Here is a short bio and a few pics. You can help support this program by visiting the Military forum and clicking on the latest raffle.
attachment.php

attachment.php

"My Name is SSG Charles Pannell I am in the army and currently stationed at Ft. Carson. I have done 3 tours in Iraq and on my last tour on 1 September 2008 My platoon was attacked by isurgents in Mosul. My Squad was hit by armor piercing greenades and injured my entire Squad resulting in 2 Soldiers becoming single amputees including my self. I was at Walter Reed inpatient for 9 months and had over 90 surgeries to try to save my leg but do to infection they had to amputate. I am sure you are wondering why I am telling you this, its not for you to feel sorry for me but it is for you to understand me. . I was an avid hunter up till my injuries but have not had time to do to my injuries and all the deployments. But I have harvested a water buffalo, an elk, and a couple of whitetails, nothing bigger than 120 but still my tropphies. I was awarded a bronze star with V and a Purple heart. My other awards are a MSM,8 arcom 1 with V. 4 GCM and some other awards but that's the best."

Thanks
SSG Charles Pannell
attachment.php

cp2.jpgcpe.jpgcp1.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a real fine candidate Steve, Thanks for your service Charles and hope you get the biggest buck yet...

Charles, welcome home and thank you for your service. I know Steve and AVO will put you on a trophy buck on your upcoming hunt.

Charles , I wish you the best of luck going forward , thanks for you service . take care James J. Bieler USN CPO ( retired)

Thanks SSG Pannell. Just rough cut a blade out yesterday to help with the trip and I am VERY honored to do so. Nice job Steve. This introduction should help motivate us in our support.

Pat

thank you pannel, a knife is the least i could do, best wishes to you and your family and have a awsome hunt

Charles, I'm a Canadian. I want to thank you for your service in protecting my contry as well !!! May all of your following days be the very best. Frank

I wanted to bump this back up and thank SSG Pannell for his service and sacrifice for our country and our freedom.
I am in awe of these young men and women and would like to ask more of you guys to enter the raffles.
Its for the very best of causes.

Greg Shahan

Back