4 way W's and Amber stag

MLazyB

This is a bowie that I have struggled with for over 6 months. Most everyone starts with an idea of what they expect their knife to look like ahead of time. ( Draw it out on paper or whatever) I guess you could say that I let the creative juices develop as they came along. ( remember the struggled part previously stated) I did the damascus back in December and just couldn't figure out what to do for the guard and handle. Here is what I finally came up with. Blade is a 4 way W's pattern. Nickle silver, With copper and black spacer. Some amber stag just for fun.

IMG_0867.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_0872.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

Thanks for viewing

Looks like the time thinking it over was well spent Bing! I'd love to hold this one. Will this one be coming to Missoula?

Thanks to everyone for the kind words. It really means a lot to me coming from makers I admire. I don't say that lightly. Most everyone here has inspired me one way or another.

J. Doyle Looks like the time thinking it over was well spent Bing! I'd love to hold this one. Will this one be coming to Missoula? [/I]John unless it finds a new home before she will be going to Missoula. Looking foward to seeing you again.

messerist Excellent! May I ask how you stained the antler?
I sent this off to Culpeppers last year and had them do the amber dye treatment. I have been playing with a concoction trying to get something close but the results just arenont the same.

Thanks,

Thanks Bruce
08-08-2011 04:47 AMBruce Barnett
Hey mate,
Sometimes all that procastinating pays off....sure did this time.

One of the other BB's

I'm not really one to procrastinate. I do find myself doing that more as I get older.

Another one of the BB's

Back