My favorite new/old handle material.

FOG

I wont bore ya,all with my long absence story. It was a tuff period of life but appears to be getting better as i was informed i have a JOB! Been awhile since i had one.

Anyway what you came here to see is:

1310239886.jpg

Cholla Cactus.

I love working with this stuff ! And the results. I will be setting up a F/S/trade as i need more of this and other handle materials.

And:
1310239983.jpg

1310239990.jpg

The pictures do these no justice.( Had to borrow a person and their camera to get them)
Josh,Dave,Linda. I would like to get together to let you see and feel these and more ive been working on, as well as seeing what and how you all have been doing.

Thanks ! I tried using different things and have settled on starting with a bit of JB weld just to *set* the blade where i want it, then put in the pins and fill with 2 ton epoxy. The tricky part is sealing the outside so the epoxy doesnt spill out. One way ive done it is by moulding silly putty on the outside so that im left with the depressions of the natural holes in the Cholla after the 2 ton dries, remove the putty. Then if i want to color the handle i mix dye with 2 ton to the desired color and coat the outside which when dried is a complete epoxy seal. After that sand and polish till done.

Back