Trip to Wisconsin

Mike Jones

Google Master
Hey everyone, I haven't been on here in so long because I've been super busy with school and work and vacationing. I just got back from a trip to Wisconsin, after getting an 18-250mm lens for my sony A55, so I took quite a few pics. I decided to pick a couple for you guys to see.

This is a black bear I saw... It only has 3 legs!
DSC02827.jpg

This is a momma bald eagle:
DSC02585.jpg

This is the baby bald eagle in the nest in the tree next to mom:
DSC02593.jpg

Here's a panorama of Duluth, MN from Lake Superior:
DSC02119.jpg

very cool pics since im from stoughton wis, the bald eagles are very cool ive actually had one in my tree in my front yard before,hope you enjoyed wis the heat was awfull this week how was it when you were here?

Glad you enjoyed your trip, Wisconsin is a gorgeous place to visit or live. I remember when I was a kid (mid-late 70's), they told us eagles would likely be extinct by the time we grew up. Now I see them at least once a week (I live near the Wisconsin River). Funny how that works when people stop dumping poison all over ;)

I lived in Merrill for a while, just north of Wausau back in 1979 when I was a gunsmith at Bill's House of Guns. WI is beautiful and enjoyed the Wisconsin River for catchin those big toothy fish. The people are great...they used to invite me over to listen to me talk because they thought I talked funny, don't ya know by golly, being from CO after all.....

I remember Bill's, my Dad used to buy ammo there in the mid-late 80's :) Do you remember Chip's burgers? Still there and I think they're still using the same oil in the fryer... :biggrin:

Yep think so...that was the place on the main drag that sold those huge burgers...good but they don't call em gut bombs for nothin'. They had a really good mom and pop pizza place called Queenie and Ron's...used to get one of those and a six pack of Old Style and not have to eat for a week. The box would be brown from the thin and greasy crust before you got home with it...heaven on earth....

Yeah, Wisconsin is a beautiful place. Especially on the lakes. Only thing I didn't like was the amount of bugs, especially biting flies and ticks. It was a nice trip.

Mike, they were only kidding when they said the robin was the state bird. It's really a toss-up between the skeeters and deer-flies.

I remember Queenie and Ron's, not sure if they're still in business. But you can still get plenty greasy food and cheap beer pretty much anywhere ;)

Back