Bubble Jig - thanks Fred!

Rob Nelson

I've ground on 2 knives now with my new bubble jig - WOW!! Scandi at 12.5 and a full flat at 2 (thick stock). I can tell how timid I was before without it looking at my first couple of knives.

I've even used it set for flat just to make sure I was profiling square since my sanding table wiggles out of flat sometimes.

I've used it to sharpen a bunch of stuff ... keep trying to think up uses for it. AWESOME!!

Rob,

I really should have called it the Bubble Teacher instead of Bubble Jig. Learning about grinding angles and what angles you are grinding at is its primary function. I know people depend on it less as they learn what angles they are working with.
I new this was coming to you as a birthday gift and promised your wife I would not spill the beans.

Thanks for the feedback and happy birthday, Fred

The bubble jig looks like a good piece of (simple) gear, I'm glad it works well for you. Thanks for posting.

do you have just the jig or do you have the whole system he sells? I have been wanting one but don't have $75 to put down for the whole set just wondering if the jig is worth buying it separately.

-Cameron

I think that you can get the bubble with the wedges, then later get the guide. The jig is worth having by its self but is better with the guide. If I couldn't get both in one package I would get the jig with wedges then later the guide. You would probably just have an extra $4.95 in shipping.

Ain't this correct Fred?

thanks Wayne. I will have to give Fred a call after I sell a few knives and have some extra money.
I am learning that the quote I saw on here is true " I am always one tool from happiness" lol
-Cameron

My wife got me the whole thing, and I would recommend getting the guide. I did a 2degree flat grind and the guide helped alot when I was that near to flat on the belt, and of course lining up the plunges is huge!

I hear you on the tools - I got a bunch of gift cards for my birthday, and used them all for tools, supplies or traded them with my wife for cash so I could buy tools, supplies :biggrin: I haven't broke into my kids piggybank yet so it's no officially an addiction ...

My wife got me the whole thing, and I would recommend getting the guide. I did a 2degree flat grind and the guide helped alot when I was that near to flat on the belt, and of course lining up the plunges is huge!

I hear you on the tools - I got a bunch of gift cards for my birthday, and used them all for tools, supplies or traded them with my wife for cash so I could buy tools, supplies :biggrin: I haven't broke into my kids piggybank yet so it's no officially an addiction ...

I think the saying goes that denial is the first sign of an addiction.:biggrin::lol:

Back