Custom Skinner: 1095/2 Tone Dymondwood

Drew Riley

Just finished this one up for a customer.

7" OAL
3" from ricasso to point
3.5" handle (ricasso makes up the final .5")
Stainless Corby rivets (5/16") and lanyard tube (1/4")
Full flat grind 1095 High Carbon Steel blade HT'd by me
Dymondwood handles (walnut and sivler/black)
Kydex Sheath with 550 paracord lanyard (also small tek-lock compatible)
Jimping at base and tip of blade

5922927392_d08cfe0fd5_z.jpg

5922363115_2b0361eed1_z.jpg

Here's a shot of it in hand to show the handle colors off a little better. The hardware almost looks like it's made of brass in this pic, but they're silver/stainless steel. I think brass would have complimented the handle just as well however.

5922363099_6a954787b9_z.jpg

that looks great! I like how you put the jimping near the tip and base, I might borrow a few design features if you wouldn't mind. If you do just mention it and I will leave it alone. :thumbup:

also where is the balance point?

thanks
-Cameron

Last edited:
that looks great! I like how you put the jimping near the tip and base, I might borrow a few design features if you wouldn't mind. If you do just mention it and I will leave it alone. :thumbup:

also where is the balance point?

thanks
-Cameron

Feel free to borrow any design feature you wish. Not that I would necessarily encourage you to copy the whole design exactly, but I can't say that it's entirely original either. The "dual" jimping was actually the customer's request, and as for the knife shape/design itself, I'm sure it's been done before in some capacity. Two tone handles are by no means my idea either. haha

The balance point is right at the first rivet. I did drill a little bit out of the handle to remove some of the weight though. I probalby could have done a little more, but it feels great in hand as is.

I didn't mean entire deign, just a few thing I likes about general shape. I figured you wouldn't mind but I thought it would be best to ask first just to be safe. Just looking at different designs and picking up details I like

Back