Best wife ever!!

Rob Nelson

Y'all know I started knifemaking just 2 months ago, and the bug bit hard. Today for my birthday my wife gave me one of Fred's Bubble Jig Systems!! Total surprise, I don't even really know how 1) she knew I wanted one, or 2) how she managed it without me knowing. I love my wife - nearly 20 years and she's still surprising me.

Just so happens that 4 feet of Aldos 1095 is due to my doorstep any time now ... maybe today! :biggrin:

Congratulations and Happy Birthday. Sounds like you got yourself a heck of a woman there. Some of us are really lucky to have wives who are so understanding and supportive.

congrats , mine just rolls her eyes at me and gives me that blank stare you guys now what im talking about? so you better buy some flowers!

Wow, that is a wonderful surprise.
The first year my wife and I were together she bought me a mini-14 for christmas. I too am blessed...27 years and still going. She's a brave woman.
A reminder that God is good.
Eric

Happy Birthday Cha.....errrrr Rob.
That's a keeper, in 18 years I've never recieved anything knife oriented except the eye rolling as previously mentioned or "permission" to buy that tool that would innovate my knifemaking. Take her to Mcdonalds and make a night of it...live it up !
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Rudy

Thanks guys, she's a keeper! She dropped off a 1/2 barrel of snickerdoodles for my office today as well.

Eric, you'll have to tell us how you got your wife to get you a mini-14? [we're not worthy]

Rob, When you have a woman like that, you have to drop more hints. I find that it works wonderfully. I have a long list of really awesome presents that Nadine has gotten me for special occassions. (of course, spoiling her for no reason helps too)

Congrats on the wonderful gift, and Happy Birthday!

Sounds like you're one of the lucky ones who definitely has a keeper!
Maybe she's being sneaky and trying to find a quicker way to get those new custom kitchen knives.:shush::nothing:

Yep, she's a keeper. Its nice that she did the research to make your gift meaningful. My wife still buys me tools but usually I already have one so we have to take it back and look for something else. Good wives are rare so treat her right.

I understand Fred helped her out too, offering to tell me that they were on backorder if I had tried to buy one myself.

... and it's not a kitchen knife she's after. This afternoon I got in some steel from Aldo, and I'm pulling out the drawings to finalize the design, and she lightly mentions that she would kinda like a "tactical" knife for her backpack for when we go hiking, since the first knife I made her is too fancy. Aww, honey, do I have to make another knife!

Yep, I think I'll keep her! :biggrin:

Last edited:
Happy Birthday, Rob. My wife got me some camouflaged coveralls one year for Christmas, bless her heart. They came in the same size box the Radio Controlled Off Road Truck that I wanted came in. Boy, was I ever surprised! Still have the coveralls, never did get the truck.

Wow! You guy's have done well for yourselves! My wife called me today about something she got for me. It was a bill for $2600.00 for the new gutters! I would have rather got the Mini 14.:15:

looks like I am a little late for the party but happy (not) birthday.
:thumbup:

sounds to me like you are a lucky man, wouldn't hurt to spoil her some and drop a few more hints around Christmas time. ;)

Back