My Newest Knife

Lagrange

Over the weekend I was able to complete the latest of my creations. This one I intend to give it thorough workout to see how it performs. I intend it for EDC.
3/16" - O1 with brass pins and thong tube, walnut scales from my woods - about 7" long 3.5" blade I've cut a few things...paper, sticks, cardboard...etc. It seems to perform fairly well.
angle.jpgSpine.jpgOn back.jpgtilt.jpgback side.jpg
I forgot to mention that I bead blasted both faces of the blade.

Last edited:
Looks like a great EDC to me. I really like that you used walnut from one of your own trees.

Very nice! I like the blade profile and how the plunge angles with the guard. How fine had you ground it before blasting?

I hand sanded it to 800 grit and for some reason I thought it would make good contrast to blast the blade, but leave the spine and grip area smooth. I've been paying attention to finishes lately, and wanted a dull satin like finish. I've seen other blades that have been blasted and thought I would give it a try. I am concerned though because it is O1 that special care needs to be taken to keep it relatively nice looking.
Thanks guys for your comments.

Well, we all try things but not all the things we try we like but we do have to try them .That knife looks like one I believe is a super one for hunting !!! It looks very well finished as well. When I started out most of The knives I made had walnut handles. I had to go out and buy the wood. It Seems pretty wonderful to me, you were able to go to your "wood pile". I found the walnut worked very well . I encourage you to use it again. Frank

From one Indiana boy to another (Fort Wayne area here) - that is a fine looking knife. I also like the angled plunge line and the home grown walnut. I have a few pieces of Locust wood, from our yard, that I have been thing about using.

I dont know what Locust looks like finished (prolly google it) but it sounds interesting. Give it a shot and let us see the results.

That is one nice blade. Has some modern lines but looks all classed up with those walnut scales.. great design!

I've kind of gotten hung up on this particular design for right now. I want to make several of these to pass out for evaluation during the coming deer season. I am currently working on a larger hunting/camp knife. I am new enough at this that I am still a bit tentative about jumping right in and doing something new. I tend to spend a great deal of time researching and evaluating before I make a move. I guess I'm overly cautious...or maybe deliberate..I dont know. I am my own worst critic.

Back