Need CAD software for waterjetting

Gahagan

I need some CAD software to use so I dont have to pay CAD fees when getting water jet work done. I have a local place that will take my pictures and get the work done and cut out in 2 days but I have to pay CAD fees. Does anyone know of some CAD softwaer that is cheap that will work for this?

Last edited:
Wish I did , If you locate something please let me know , I have the same problem . I was looking at some online but, I really dont know which program to use ?? some of it is very expensive while some is reasonable !!! Bubba-san

Last edited:
For PC, I use CAD Std ... its free, and exports into .dxf which the commercial software apps use.

For Mac, I use LibreCad ... its free, and works natively in .dxf, .dwg, etc. which is the file type used by AutoCad.

Here's a .pdf of a design I worked up on a PC in CADStd, then sent over to my Mac as a .dxf and just posted as a .pdf. I've printed them out true to size, and glued them on boards for making prototypes. I'll be doing the same here soon on steel.

View attachment SD Short.pdf

Thanks Ernie , I saw thier free download but, I have a dial-up connection and the download takes 6-7 hrs WOW ! its easier for me to buy a disk and go from there . I am new to CAD software so I may contact you later, if I need some help ! If thats OK ?
thanks........... Bubba

I will be happy to answer 2D CAD questions if I can. I have lots of experience getting files ready for vinyl cutting, screen printing, CNC routing and Laser engraving. Waterjet cutting is probably similar.

Clancy is right. DraftSight is a very good program - especially considering that it is free.

Back