Just bought some steel from Aldo!

Rob Nelson

Woo hoo!

I just bought 48" of 1095 from Aldo, and I hear its in the mail! I've got designs for 7 knives out of that - can't wait!! My wife can't wait either, she's sick of me calling a meeting of the design team (her and Chip) to discuss minute alterations in my drawings. :biggrin:

SnoopyDance.gif

Last edited:
With shipping to Oahu from New Jersey I deffinantly would have ordered more. I was at the Mad Dwarf hammer-in last year and Aldo showed up with some of the 1095 that he carries and it was well recieved by the smiths there and it seemed to harden well. Will be glad to see the results of your efforts.

Doug

It crossed my mind to order 2, but 7 knives should be plenty to keep me busy until we move to VA in Oct ... or not :)
And he shipped flat rate USPS, which ain't bad at all!

Reporting to the USS Iwo Jima ... Congress willing and budget passes :) Trying to get on the East Coast to be near our daughter who is at the CG Academy in Connecticut. We've been stationed in Hawaii for two tours now, and that's about a tour too many. Nothing wrong with Hawaii; we've averaged a move every 18 months for 24 years now - longest we've lived anywhere and we're getting antsy.

Aldo's 1095 is awesome stuff. I just finished my first blade using it this week. It grinds and drills very easily.

I plan on getting some more later this month.

Tell us how the 1095 works out. I was thinking about buying some of that along with asking if he could get some 1/16" 1095 for me. Anyone have experience with something like that with Aldo?

Cameron,

How are you. Just so you know, I'm pretty easy going and easy to talk to as well. Boy, you'd think I was the "Great and Powerful Wizard of Oz"!

I've got 1095 down to 1/8", not to say we couldn't grind it. We've been grinding 52100 for a week for the kitchen knife makers. Just ask me. We'll get it down to about .100/.105. You take it from there.

Hey Chappy. When you get to VA give us a ring. We'll have you up for a Hammer-In!

Back