taft pierce surface grinder

franklin

hey guys does anyone now about these Taft pierce surface grinders, i cant find anything on a google that looks like the one im going to buy sorry got no pic,its a Manuel feed 6x12 and the base is round not square. its a floor model and in perfect shape used it today, and what would be the price range on these? any info or help would be great thanks guys. well i got it heres a pic

Last edited:
Franklin, Did you look on ebay? I was looking at them the other day and ebay had bunches of them.

yes i looked all over and cant find one that looks like the one i am getting, was just looking for a little info on good or bad on these machines?

I don't know anything about it,but when you
get it,I'll pay shipping,send it to me.When I am
through testing it(it could take a while) I'll let ya know:biggrin:

Great score.

God bless,Keith

sorry its in my garage as we speak its 110 1/3 horse but i have a 1/2 horse im putting on it right now at 500 to 700 pounds what you think shipping would be lol .

the thing that amazed me keiyh was how many dips and how uneven my blades were even after running on a flat platen or a disk sander, and the grinding wo so much easier i think those high low spots were messing with my grind lines i would have spots that would take off on me and go near spine or all of a sudden i would have a low spot in the grind line it drove me nuts to fix all the time, ive done 3 blades now with the surface grinder and that prob all but disapeared. so in short if you can get at least blanchard ground steel get it always wandered why my d-2 blades were easier to grind now i think i know why well guys still looking for info on this unit?

Larry,
You will probably need several Chicago phone books to sit on if you are going to use that little pink chair while surface grinding.
I will send you some.

Steve

LOL that is a cute little chair. You have to be secure in your manhood to have that in the shop.

I like this grinder. I've often wanted a very small precise surface grinder that doesnt take up much room.
Larry,
You will probably need several Chicago phone books to sit on if you are going to use that little pink chair while surface grinding.
I will send you some.

Steve

I had a guy surface my blade for the KITH a couple weeks ago and was really surprised how flat it looked until it was put on the grinder. Wish I could have'm all done like that. Great score franklin! No doubt you'll be extremely happy with the investment.

Pat

Interesting looking grinder I wonder if you can convert it to a belt? I couldn't believe the difference in performance with a belt vs a stone.

steve and bruce you guys i almost fell out my chair after the comments on my little pink chair thats right i said it lol my daughter likes watching dad work on knives and for be it from me to say no but shes got to sit on left side case something kick out to the right, tim from everything ive seen i will be able to do a belt randy hass said he would help me figure it out i got faith. and patrick no kidding that was the last straw when he let me do two blades on it and i saw all the dips in a blade i had flat grinded on a platen it sure gave me pouse, then came the haggling on price and as you can see i got my way ha ha

Back