Pyrocream not on perfectly straight

Txcwboy

I replaced my Pyrocream on my KMG but it appears to be be 100% straight with the edges. How would you fix that ?

Dave

You may end up needing to redo it from scratch, but maybe you can shim the upper or lower mount to straighten the platen and then track the belt to center it back up. Maybe? Got a chuckle from your spelling, wondered how hot cream would work on a grinder.

Good luck with it, Craig

Dave,

There is a small amount of adjustment in the platen. The holes through the angle iron brackets are a little oversized so it is possible to loosen the platen itself and shift the top one way and the bottom the other to get it straight.

If you dont have enough just a hand drill, file, or mill to make the hole in one angle into a slot.

-Josh

I attached it with JB weld. OOPs I see my letter misplacement :) Yeah I was thinking I may gave to trash it.

I'd bet a little heat wouldn't hurt the platen or the ceramic glass. You just may come out ahead in time and effort if you have the adjustment range to use it as is.

Take care, Craig

if it was typical epoxy, you could boil it and it would soften and come off. JBweld will require a torch and even then it will probably crack. Run the torch back and forth and keep the heat as even as you can and try to peel it off with out breaking when it gets soft.

Back