Is there a lawyer in the pack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
If we have a lawyer in KD that could answer some simple questions regarding NPO status, Please PM me.

Thanks,
Steve

Denny's a blabber mouth!:s12137: I guess that it is good that I'm not trying to fly completely under the radar.

Glen Campbell....."who is this Lawyer Daggett?"
John Wayne......."I don't know, but she draws him like a gun"

quote from "True Grit"

True Grit show... the new one is also very good but was really unsettling to watch when I knew the other one so well..

Me and Denny were in the original.
We were in a horse suit.
Denny was the back end.

Some thing never change.........

..."can you light a match, some of them have blood on them?"....

...."show me a Texas ranger who hasn't drunk from a dusty hoofprint and I'll buy him a drink or punch him in the nose....or both"......

..."I've pushed potbellied stoves up steeper grade than this, we'll camp here"......

..."there was a boy. A clumsier lad, you'll never meet. He musta broke forty cup"....

..."you shot him in his upper lip? What was you aimin' for?"... ..."his lower lip"...

..."that's awful big talk for a one eyed fatman"... ..."fill yer hands you son of a b****"...

Oh go on and see the new one. I drugg my feet until last weekend. My wife didnt like it because of the comparison with the older one, but I thought it was okay. Jeff Bridges aint "The Duke" and he talks like he has his mouth full of chew, but it wasnt bad.
It wasnt until a few days after watching the movie that I realized thst Laffiet (spell) was Matt Damen. Oh well. I didnt miss Glen Campbell.

Best movie I've seen in quite a while. Forget about comparing anything - just sit back and enjoy a good yarn.

Best movie I've seen in quite a while. Forget about comparing anything - just sit back and enjoy a good yarn.

That's only because it was the first movie you went to the theater to see since the last one was showin at the drive-in picture show.

I like both versions for different reasons. The 2010 is almost word-for-word from the original novel. Tons of great quotes in both... my favorites, especially when I don't want to be bothered are :

"The jakes is occupied! Will be for some time." ...and...
"There is no clock on my business!!" ...and...
"Coon hunt?? This ain't no coon hunt!"

The woman and kid are pretty sick of me saying them but I think it's hilarious. I don't get why so many people complain they couldn't understand Jeff Bridges in the new one, he sounded perfectly normal to me:confused2::shifty:

Finally! Someone else who goes around quoting movie lines. I thought I had some rare mental condition...maybe I do I dont know.
My favorites with my kids are "Oh thats right private Pyle..." & "I didnt surrender neither....but they took my horse and made him surrender" & Oh? You were finished? Well allow my to retort."

Watch it with your wife so you can say,

Now, that's not in the original version, or

Yep, that's just like before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back