Ron Hood

Stormcrow

If you have not heard, Ron Hood passed away sometime last night. Here's what his wife Karen said on the Hoodlums forum:

"To those of you who don't know, today is the first day that our son Jesse does not have a daddy. The first day in over 20 years that I do not have my best friend, love and husband.

It is with great sadness that I have to announce that Ron passed away in his sleep last night. Our alarm went off this morning as he set it for 8 am and he just did not wake up.

This is the day we were scheduled to leave for our EOTW gathering in Salmon Idaho. Ron, I and Jesse will not be coming.

I just want to scream from the top of my lungs that I love Ron so much that it hurts and that both Jesse and I have been blessed having him in our lives.

I will write more as I get a chance.

Jesse and I love you so much Ron. You were the best husband, friend, teacher and daddy I could ever imagine having.

-Karen and Jesse Hood "

If the name of Ron Hood is unfamiliar to you, Ron and Karen created an excellent series of videos about primitive skills and survival. Volume 9 of their Woodsmaster series, Primitive Knifemaking, featuring Tai Goo and Tim Lively, introduced a lot of people to Neo-Tribal Metalsmithing and knifemaking in general. There are a lot of folks blacksmithing and knife making who would not have done so otherwise.

Prayers for his family.

I reckon someone needed a good knife on the other side. Positive thoughts for the family.

Pat

I'll miss my friend...

rickandron.jpg

Back