Folder Pattern - *SPOILER ALERT* - This is a wordy post

Lagrange

I've been lurking around these forums for a little while and I must tell you guys that I am very impressed with some of the things I've seen and read. This is a very welcoming web community and I want very much to be a part of it. Some of you I know from other forums, some I am getting to know through your posts.

I have made a few fixed blade knives for myself, family, and friends. I feel my ability has steadily improved over the last couple years, but I have a long way to go to be as good as you guys are.
I have a new knife EDC knife design I have been developing that I am planning on doing a WIP post on in the near future, and then do a pass around on when it is completed.

Now to the meat of this post.
I want to make a simple lock back folder to give to my brother for Christmas this year...mostly because he isnt the kind of guy who would have use for a fixed blade and also because I want to learn how to make them.

I was wondering if there was anyone out there who would be willing to share a lock back or frame lock knife design with me for my intial build...perhaps with a bit of tutoring to help me along.
It dont want to offend anyone by destroying a great design, but I need somewhere to start and I know next to nothing about where to start.
Any help would be appreciated. I will even post pictures of the project if you would like.

Back