Pictures I've taken in the past year

PetrifiedWood

Ok, so if this forum isn't limited to knives, I figured it would be ok to post these.

I've been making little outdoor tools on my metal lathe like firesteel handles and fire pistons. Each time I made something new I'd take a picture to post on a different forum I'm a member of. So here are some pictures of stuff I've made. I hope to be able to make knives that will look as though they belong together with these little brass and aluminum parts.

IMG_00132.jpg

IMG_0014-3.jpg

IMG_0015-2.jpg

The pictures above I used a little Canon point and shoot camera and bounced the flash back into the lower right corner using a CD as a mirror. Normally for close shots like this the on-board flash makes a shadow from the lens appear in the image.

You can see this effect in the next picture without the flash being bounced. The picture is of a little brass cord end I made.
IMG_0033-1.jpg

Some more pictures without the bounce...
DPP_5_0001-3.jpg

DPP_5_0003-4.jpg

DPP_5_0007-1.jpg

DPP_5_0001-5.jpg

DPP_5_0003-6.jpg

I tried making a brass cord lock. A plastic one costs 10 cents. This one cost about a buck in materials and took a few hours to get it right.
DPP_5_0006-2.jpg

Made a copy of a "firesteel tube" in brass with a jute twine wrap..
DPP_5_0007-3.jpg

DPP_5_0005-6.jpg

DPP_5_0004-6.jpg

A little brass headed hammer.
IMG_0001-5.jpg

I built some fire pistons out of aluminum...
IMG_0068-1.jpg

IMG_0046-1.jpg

glow.jpg

A guy asked me to make a knurled aluminum firesteel handle.
IMG_0124.jpg

These next pictures are of an experimental design. I stopped work on this in favor of a different method of achieving the same goal. I want to be able to take an insert from leftover knife scale material and incorporate it into my firesteel handles.
IMG_0316.jpg

IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

Last edited:
Back