New Steel Pass Around!

Les George

Admin - Founding Member
If you're interested in trying out that new Carpenter steel, sign up down in my forum, please! :)

http://knifedogs.com/showthread.php?p=14838#post14838

cool 1

attachment.php

Last edited:
Les, go ahead and send it my way while you're waiting on these other guys to get off thier rumps and sign up. I was informed today that I'll be spending next month at JRTC (Joint Readiness Training Center) in Ft. Polk, La. I'm sure I can find lots of stuff to cut on while there.

Wait, JRTC for almost the entire month of November = No computer, no KD, no playing with my grinder and steel. Man, this sucks!!!

Murph

Well, I don't have much choice in the matter. It's either pull the rotation (as an O.C.) or not get extended on this assignment. I love my current assignment, so....I'm headin to the swamps of Louisianna to watch and evaluate others.

Murph

Les, go ahead and send it my way while you're waiting on these other guys to get off thier rumps and sign up. I was informed today that I'll be spending next month at JRTC (Joint Readiness Training Center) in Ft. Polk, La. I'm sure I can find lots of stuff to cut on while there.

Wait, JRTC for almost the entire month of November = No computer, no KD, no playing with my grinder and steel. Man, this sucks!!!

Murph

what sucks is Ft. Polk i spent two years there ,theres only one country bar in town but don't tell them clint sent ya they'll kick you out "LOL" the owners hubby was named clint when i was there good place have fun.

I always liked being in the field. Its different for Marines though. I trained with some of the army guys once, it was like going to a scout jamboree. It was fun! We didn't have to force March or anything I even got a write up for giving a field class on the 249 and 240G. I even came out with clean utilities

You should stop by on your way down or back. My house is on the way. You can forge out a couple if you want

Rusty,

Those weren't Soldiers nor Boy Scouts you were working with. It was ARMY JROTC students. They only told you they were real soldiers in order to boost your confidence. Why do you think they were so attentive during your class? They had never seen those weapons before except in movies.

OK I just got E spanked by the mod so I won't say that they were air assault guys
Sorry Murph and I thank you for your service

Rusty,

I was on my phone earlier and I messed up something and the message posted before I finished. All teasing aside.......I appreciate the invite, but I'll be leaving from the Camp Shelby, Ms area heading to Polk. Right after finding out that I'll be heading to Polk, I was hit with......."By the way Murph, cancel your plans for the weekend of the 17th. You'll be working a lane that weekend and expect to see the Command Sergeant Major there to evaluate your performance". Yep, this means no Fall Hammer In for me. The ARMY strikes again!!! :(

Murph

No, Polk is now probably most famous for the Joint Readiness Training Center (JRTC) and the Shughart-Gordon MOUT Facility. I'm really not sure as to what has become of Tigerland.

Murph

Last edited:
Tigerland is still here gang,.. the Army may not use it anymore or call it that,.. but to us coonasses, its still home :)

Back