Modern BullDozer

liontribe

this is another variation on a theme. i am really into this shape and design right now. i am in the middle of a run of these and thought i would share.

liontribe

BullDozerI019.jpg

BullDozerI017.jpg

Last edited:
thank you, sir. i really like the way this shape feels in the hand. you just want to keep turning it over in the palm of your hand. that is always a good sign.

liontribe

I like it quite a bit...except for that end treatment. To me it breaks up the flow of lines that you've set up very nicely in the rest of the knife. Is there a functional reason for it or is it aesthetic? Good work, regardless!

I like it quite a bit...except for that end treatment. To me it breaks up the flow of lines that you've set up very nicely in the rest of the knife. Is there a functional reason for it or is it aesthetic? Good work, regardless!

that is just my standard finish. didn't really think about breaking the flow of the design. maybe i will finish the next variant in a nice solid color finish. maybe gun blue or similar. i just finished a small display knife in some kind of gun coating and it is just too easily scratched. not durable at all. frustrating.

liontribe

Sorry, I was unclear in what I was trying to say. The finish looks great, I think. It is the shape of the butt of the handle that is throwing off my eye. The blade and most of the handle has such a good flow of lines and then abruptly there is a squared-off end and a inward curve where my sense of aesthetics is expecting a gentle curve arcing out from the top of the handle to the bottom. It jars my eye, and I was just trying to figure out if it a functional thing or an aesthetic thing that made you shape it this way. Taking another long look at it, I could see the short inward curve on the butt end being a rest for the thumb while holding the blade in a reverse grip. Am I right?

Hope this one is clear. I could use some sleep. :)

Last edited:
oh, i got ya. that is correct, it is a great little anchor point when holding in a reverse grip.

liontribe

Back