LARGE Damascus Chopper

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
HHH Knives Chopper!
And its a handful with a 1/4 inch thick 1095/15n20 blade
OAL on this inpressive beast of a knife is 15 inches with a 9 1/4 inch blade!

Just wanted to show you guys this one.

Thanks for the looks and as always, Comments and critiques are welcome!

GrindingandLRGChopper072.jpg
GrindingandLRGChopper079.jpg
GrindingandLRGChopper048.jpg
GrindingandLRGChopper046.jpg

Attachments

• Grinding and LRG Chopper! 072.jpg
    Grinding and LRG Chopper! 072.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Grinding and LRG Chopper! 062.jpg
    Grinding and LRG Chopper! 062.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Thanks Jim, The handles are Stabilized Willow Burl. And no matter how nice they look in the pic.. They are so much better in hand! :)

I just step on to my tongue because my jaw was on the floor and slipped in all the drool! Perfect package wish I could get nice burl like that over here in SA (inport costs an arm an a leg)!! :biggrin:

Thanks you all for the kind words. The knife turned out better then I expected! :)

The Willow burl is amazing stuff and this piece has some great movement and curly figure! Sorta reminds me of them old holographic baseball cards. Where when you look at it you see one thing and as you turn it you see something different. Guess thats one way to describe it.. lol The other would just be... WOW thats beautiful stuff!

God Bless

Great knife Randy! What is the pattern in that damascus? I really like it on a blade that size. Nice and consistent...

Brad its a pattern Jr. calls Windstorm. Its a multi bar composition.. Kinda like Turkish twist, But with Jr's spin on the pattern.

Thanks Dog's! This one was a really fun knife to do..

This one is heading to its new home this week. and the gentleman that commissioned this piece is Patiently waiting.. :)

Back