Thanks to "SHARPS BY COOP"

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
attachment.php

Let's throw a special thank you to Jim Cooper and his lovely wife, Susan, for their generous donation of taking a group photo of the Military Build Project.

At BLADE, Bill T, Murph and myself approached Susan at his photo suite (he rents a meeting room in the lobby of the show and sets up a large studio to shoot knives brought in) Let me tell you that Jim is a busy man, as soon as the show starts he begins to rapidly fill his time slots and doesn't stop until the wee hours each night.

We were explaining the project and how we had a story committment but needed a photo, Jim overheard us and popped out of his studio to accept the challenge and agree to donate his time and services. Murph delivered the knives later that evening and Jim did his magic.

Murph and Bill T will keep us all posted on the progress.

So, if you need quality knife pics please consider Jim at SHARPS BY COOP.

thanks,
Steve

Attachments

• coop1.jpg
    coop1.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 69
  • coop.jpg
    coop.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:
Having seen these knives before and after , I have to say yet again , how Awesome they all are . Truly an impressive 1st effort by the Knife Dogs !
Thanks for posting the pic Steve !​

This photo really doesn't do Jim's work credit. I took this photo of the computer screen with my iPhone. I have received correspondence from Jim telling me that the photos should be ready in a couple of weeks after he does his editing magic. For those of you who have not met Jim, he is a very gracious and skilled photographer and I would not have the least reservation in recommending him to anyone. Not only did Jim graciously donate his time and services, he got up extra early Sunday morning to do a 0630 photo shoot of our work prior to a breakfast engagement he had at 0700.

Thats cool how all those variances came from one basic design.
Murph came up with a winner. It's nice to see them all together,and better when they reach their intended owners. Thanks to everyone involved and a big thank you to Jim Cooper. I'm glad I got involved and will continue to.

Rudy

I don't know Coop personally but I've seen a lot of his excellent work... and if you've picked up a major knife magazine or book in the last ten years or so, so have you. He's one of the best. :thumbup:

To say he was "busy" during Blade would be a major understatement. LOL

But for him to be up and working on this at 0630 was AWESOME! Thank you Jim and Jim's wife who's name is currently escaping me...

Thanks, guys, for getting Coop to do this and a huge thanks to Jim for doing it. Can't wait to see his finished pictures! Now let's concentrate on getting these knives into the hands of the people who need them. Oh yeah, let's make some more, also. We could start with a new design (not that this one wasn't great, Murph) and let each maker purchase his own steel and supplies and be responsible for his own heat treating and sheath. This would remove the administrative nightmares accompanying a project this large but still end up with the same result - knives for the troops from the Knife Dogs. If you can't afford to get in on a project like this then maybe you could offer a service (blade grinding, heat treating a few, making a Kydex sheath or whatever). If you can't afford to do any of this - don't worry - God will still love you.

Yeah...what Denny said.
But, get in on it whether you can afford it or not, we'll find a way to help each other out.

Rudy

Hi guys,

Thank you. Again and again. First for the kinds words, and second for offering me this opportunity to be included in this project, however unrelated it may be.

attachment.php

Dave and Steve were discussing the project with my wife Susan, who was sequestering me in the studio to keep working--NO chatting! :)

I overheard the conversation, and although as busy as ever, if you want something done quickly, ask a busy man. LOL!

I asked my partner at the show: Buddy Thomason, to join me at 06:30am for this, and we took the final shot at 07:25 as I left to a 7:30 meeting. :D

The shot requires some out-of-the-box thinking for lighting and I settled on using the ceiling/wall as a diffuser. Through the magic of Photoshop I took the perspective view and straightened it out. Look at the two images. Hard to tell they are the same source.

I'm happy for your work and thankful.

Thanks for such a kind welcome!

Jim, Susan and Buddy

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Jim, Susan and Buddy for the outstanding photo!!!!!!! You worked your magic and made a hard to take picture into a excellent keepsake for all of us to remember our first Servicemen's build. God Bless and thank you, again. Denny

Jim, you did a fantastic job getting that shot! And it was great to meet you and your wife at Blade...

Wow! Great photograph!

Thanks to all for such an awesome effort! A great way to give our troops the thanks and respect they deserve.

BC

Back