Invitation extended to suppliers, dealers, service providers and other knife industry

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
I've received a few emails direct on this so I thought I would post a comment or two. I am a big believer in transparency and honesty.

I own and operate Midwest Knifemakers Supply,llc (www.USAknifemaker.com) A small knife maker supply business operated by myself and my wife. Occasionally I put my two kids to work also but that is mainly to try and instill a good work ethic into them. This supply business is my second job so I work on it nights and weekends out of our house. We are small pretty small potatoes but we hope to be something some day. Without my lovely wife doing what she does, it wouldn't even be that.

This forum is owned and operated by Midwest Knifemakers Supply, llc as extension of my small business. No hidden agendas here. If you know anything about forums and the expenses involved, this forum will probably turn a "profit" at some point. If you put all that "profit" into an hourly wage, it would be laughable. KnifeDogs.com isn't about the money this forum may or may not 'make'. It is about all the intangible benefits we are interested in via networking, building a customer base, marketing, competing, helping each other be successful, etc. Seeing others get exposure and building their business is a requirement.

I opened this forum to bring together as many suppliers, dealers, service providers, knife makers, collectors, enthusiasts, etc. as possible.

One part of this formula is pretty simple: The more knife makers there are in one place, the more knife buyers will come and shop for knives. We have some amazing knife makers here. The more suppliers and service providers there are, the more knife makers there will be. Hakuna Matada. The circle of life.

The intent of this forum is:
  • Bring together all types of knife people and knife related businesses.
  • Give increased visibility to those interested participants via the internet for marketing and higher accessibility.
  • Build and leverage business connections in the knife industry.
  • Enjoy knives and knife people.
  • Have some fun doing it. I am a big fan of having fun.
  • Maybe, some people that want to, can make some money by being part of this forum.

We want to keep it clean and professional. If we want businesses to be involved in this forum, we need to make sure they are comfortable being here and not putting their company image at risk.

If we all enjoy hanging out and talking about knives and other things related, all the better. You can still have G rated fun.

Finally, just to be clear: I welcome any other suppliers or service providers to KnifeDogs.com. Your business and participation will be respected and protected. I think the more of us we can get here, the better it will be for every one.

See the FAQ about free membership, paid membership or forum ownership.

If you know of someone that might fit in with this attitude and approach to our business, please send them a link to this message.

Thanks for your time reading this.
t

Tracy, I appreciate the forum and think what has been done so far is great. I really, really like the Monday madness :)

Tracy,

You have hit a HOME RUN with this forum. Though there are other forums out there (most of us are members of at least one of the others), I find that the atmosphere here at KD is far superior to other forums I have belonged to over the years. We deffinately have a heck of a pack here.

Murph

It's good of you Tracy to put this out there so people like me get a better sense of why we need "another knife forum" - this puts it into perspective and explains why what's already out there does not satisfy your vision and how this place will be different.

From a user / buyer standpoint, I appreciate having a place to read what makers and suppliers have to say. The things I learn help me in buying, using and maintaining my knives. Thanks to Tracy and all who participate.

Thanks for the effort to make this a great place to visit. You have succeeded in assembling a tremendous cast of characters in one place. The Monday Night Madness is something I look forward to every week and I think people who donate items deserve a place in Heaven. I don't mean like right now or tomorrow but, you know, whenever.

Denton Eller a.k.a. ReconMarine

....I find that the atmosphere here at KD is far superior to other forums I have belonged to over the years. We deffinately have a heck of a pack here.

Murph

Very well put Murph, I agree 100%. I think if we strive for excellence we can make this the #1 knife forum on the web.

Kudos Mr. Mickley

Sean

This sure is a great forum, Tracy! Rascal IG and I toss jokes and poke each other whenever possible. He invited me here to to check out your fine site and I sure appreciate the fact he did.
I'm still learning my way around here and am happy to discover you also have a knife supply business. I just went there and saved it on my "favorites".

Back