Ti clip and washers came from USA knifemaker supply for my Ontario RAT 1

Cameron Wilcox

I just received the new washers and clip for my RAT 1. anyone who has one I strongly suggest getting new washers and I like the clip.
If your going to buy new washers the RAT 1 is very picky about it, because of the design the pivot screw doesn't actually tighten the pivot unless you don't want it to flick open the main body screws hold the pivot tight.

After trying several different sizes I found that it worked with 2-1/4" .010" thick bronze washers and 2-1/4" .005" thick Teflon washers

Not sure if it was just my knife but after switching the washers mine locks up more solidly and opens smoother than with the stock washers

Pic0114.jpg
how it looks

Pic0115.jpg
close up of the new clip

Forgot to add the customer service is great, had a problem with the first clip and some Nylatron washers I ordered being out of stock. Just had them sub this clip for the old one and having the Nylatron shipped separately. easy to deal with. also for the clip, make sure you have some drill bits and 5-15 min to get the clip so it fits. you need to make the hole on each side a little wider for the screw to fit.

Back