Flea Market/ Yard Sale Finds

Church & Son

I had to work out of town last week but I did find a neat flea market in Tenn. Found this vice under a tarp. It's a 5" but I haven't found any name yet.

vice2.jpg

It is missing the spring, I'll have to make one but it works good and weighs 225# thanks to the rail road track its welded on. I hate someone cut and welded it but it is pretty neat being able to move it around. Traded a antler handled skinner made from a file for it......Randy

I never thought about taking "stuff (meaning knives now)" to a flea market to barter with. Neat find!

Thanks Guys, this is the first "mobile" vise I've had. I think I'm going to like being able to move it around.

I never thought about taking "stuff (meaning knives now)" to a flea market to barter with. Neat find!

Brad, I always carry a couple of knives and a 'hawk in my big boy bag which goes with me about everywhere. Also a pocket Kiridashi. People don't see many handmade knives so they start conversations, everybody's Grandpa was a blacksmith, plus I love to trade. ........Randy

My big boy bag or man - purse is a haversack, a Civil War style leather bag with a shoulder strap. My laptop, a couple of knives and all of my normal work stuff lives in it. Also a inside holster for a .380 when on the road. .............Randy

Back