Damascus and redwood burl

J.Leclair

Hi guys, this knife is my first of two damascus knives. this one is my first commisioned piece. it is 10.5" OAL with a 6.5" blade length. it's made from 1084 / 15N20 random pattern damascus (thanks to Dan Seaver) Handle is Stabilized redwood burl from Burl source with stainless pin and tube. Heat treat by Rob at knife maker.ca blade has a Rc of 59-60.
enough talking lets get to the pix.

DSCN0971.jpg

DSCN0972.jpg

DSCN0974.jpg

DSCN0973.jpg

Last edited:
thanks guys. I just sent the pix to the customer and told him he might just have to fight me for this one lol

That's a timeless beauty right there! I have to confess as a newb to knife making, its easy for me to get enamored with elaborate design and intricate detail ... but a simple classic style well executed as you have done just always stands out. Beautiful! If you don't mind me asking, is that a design you've done before in other steels?

That's a timeless beauty right there! I have to confess as a newb to knife making, its easy for me to get enamored with elaborate design and intricate detail ... but a simple classic style well executed as you have done just always stands out. Beautiful! If you don't mind me asking, is that a design you've done before in other steels?
Thanks for such kind words. This is only my 6th knife to date and as of yet I have not repeted a design. My next one ( also Damascus) is fairly close to one I've done but slightly different.

yeah I'm seriously thinking of making another one for myself for meat cutting after hunting season.

Back