What the Heck is MOKU-TI???

Steven Kelly

Forum Owner & Moderator
Chad Nichols has absolutely 100 percent outdone himself this time....
I got a package a few weeks ago with a piece of what looked like Damascus and felt like titanium. I couldn't wait to try it out.. I have had this knife built for a couple weeks now. I have even referred to this as my secret project in other threads. But, Chad made me swear to secrecy until now.. I think this is going to be the beginning of the future of Titanium Damascus.. MOKU-TI...
While it is similar to Timascus, which is a patented product. It is made using a totally different method that does not infringe upon the Timascus patent. This has all been assured to me by the owners of Timascus.

This is one of my collision Flippers made from .160 Moku-ti. I will have it at the Blade show. So, I hope you will all stop by my table and check it out!!

Thanks Again Chad.... You the MAN!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• DSCN0975-1.jpg
    DSCN0975-1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCN0982-1.jpg
    DSCN0982-1.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 99
  • DSCN0979-1.jpg
    DSCN0979-1.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 98
  • DSCN0981-1.JPG
    DSCN0981-1.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 82
Wow, very pretty!
I had heard the timascus was very difficult to work, how does this stuff cut and grind?

Holy Moku-Ti, Batman!!!!!!! That is just plain awesome. Great looking folder, Steve! What a unique knife.

Wow, very pretty!
I had heard the timascus was very difficult to work, how does this stuff cut and grind?

Thanks guys.. GHEzell, working with this is really no different than working with 6al4v ti. All ti is a bit of a PITA to work!!

What is the Difference between MokuTi & Timascus ?

Then you have ZircuTi

Iy Yi Yi :)

Back