Necker for my Dog

Rob Nelson

So the handsome rascal in my avatar was in desperate need of his own necker.

mg2751.jpg

mg2750.jpg

OAL: 5" or so.
Blade: 2.5" or so.
Steel: Unknown Stainless (whatever Farber uses in their cheapest chef knife) w/ factory grind. 120 grit clean up of flats, handle polished to 400 grit, you can see a faint line just above wrap.)
Black Widow Paracord handle (minus strands)
Franken-plastic sheath (internal pack frame material from cheap chinese pack, followed instructions for Kydex ... 7 minutes and no change, nanosecond later it curled up like a lasagna noodle. pressed using waxpaper, kitchen towel and a heavy book. Cleaned up with dremel, drilled, and used old dog tag chain.)

My dogs are jealous! I'm not making them any knives though, they'll try to take charge of the joint.
It looks like you are on your way!

Great idea, but the way my dog looks at me somedays, I would be afraid that he would use it on me.

Dale

Make sure he carries it along on heavy trash nights. You never know what kinda cats you may run into in the dark.

Rodney

Hey Chap
I have two Boxers this is what they carry I added some scales after the picture got tired of hearing them complain about how the cold steel hurt there paws 100_0735.jpg

Hmmm, I would have thought the handle would have been shaped differently to accommodate his paws. Must be a pretty hand animal.

Back