Damascus Integral with Poplar.

Erik Markman

For an upcoming trip to Sweden I have made myself something new.

Damascus integral with stabilised poplar (I think) handle.
270 layers damascus made of O2 and 75ni8.

Bladelength 16 cm.
Total length 28,5 cm.

Foto-Z87EUKUF-D.jpg

Foto-VFNICD7Y-D.jpg

Foto-QRBXNPL3-D.jpg

Foto-BC84FO3G-D.jpg

Foto-CBBFIUDC-D.jpg

Foto-Y8DQGKMO-D.jpg

Foto-3CPNNV6Y-D.jpg

Hope you like it!

Wow, Like it???? Man, I love it.. Well done.. Perfect profile and grinds.. The damascus looks great and the handle is beautiful!!! Thanks for posting these photos.
I think Im gona have to try a Integral in my near future. I doubt I can make one this nice.. But I gota try doing one. Thanks for the inspiration.

Wow, Like it???? Man, I love it.. Well done.. Perfect profile and grinds.. The damascus looks great and the handle is beautiful!!! Thanks for posting these photos.
I think Im gona have to try a Integral in my near future. I doubt I can make one this nice.. But I gota try doing one. Thanks for the inspiration.

My pleasure! I like making integrals best. You will like it once you get the hang of it.

Foto-3CPNNV6Y-D.jpg

Hope you like it!

The man with the wooden shoes strikes again!

One of your nicest so far Erik... and you already made a lot of nice knives!

Maybe you should post a "WIP" on the wooden shoes... are there still people around who make them by hand? Or are they all factory made?

Kind regards,

Jos

PS> have fun in Sweden!

Most are factory made these days though most of them were made on a machine for thr last 50 years or so.
There was some one near me who made them by hand but he stopped making them about 10 years ago.
What is your mail adress and shoe size? I will send you a pair. Do you prefer willow or poplar? Willow is more waterproof but wears faster.

Thank you all for your nice comments!

Finished the sheath this afternoon.
The knife stays in the sheath when shaken upsidedown wich I think is very important.
It has a beltloop for vertical and cross draw carry.

Foto-TQR64AXF-D.jpg

Foto-FNXQ6OPO-D.jpg

Foto-XVO6G7L7-D.jpg

Foto-W6FKN7SV-D.jpg

Nice sheath!

Most are factory made these days though most of them were made on a machine for thr last 50 years or so.
There was some one near me who made them by hand but he stopped making them about 10 years ago.
What is your mail adress and shoe size? I will send you a pair. Do you prefer willow or poplar? Willow is more waterproof but wears faster.

Size 42. You can include them with my next knives! ;)

Kind regards,

Jos

Back