New folder

Trenton Entwistle

Well, this is the first knife that I've made this year, and probably the first I've made in about the last 12 months. Life is awesome, that's all i'm going to say:52:

Any who, here she be. 1/8 Cpm s30v blade, orange peeled ti liners and bolsters, CF scales. G10 backspacer. Moon glow thumb stud, carbon steel Damascus pocket clip. I got to use my lathe on this one, which made me happy! Turned the thumb stud, and the stop pin ends for a press fit. The stop pin is fixed in this one, unlike the majority of my folders where it floats, but it rides in a groove in the blade. I made this knife as a gift for my partners oldest boys graduation present. It's going to be living in a flight suit leg pocket, the young fella is getting his pilots license this summer. He's been an Air Cadet for a long time, and I think that he plans on taking it further and entering the service. Needless to say I was proud that my partner asked to make something that marks a milestone in his son's life!

_TDE3904.jpg

_TDE3903.jpg

_TDE3898.jpg

_TDE3902.jpg

_TDE3892.jpg

_TDE3895.jpg

This is a ceramic bearing. So far I like it, very smooth!

_TDE3889.jpg

_TDE3910.jpg

His mom tends to worry a little bit, so I made her a worry bead out of the same Damascus that the pocket clip is made out of, and weaved the little Byzantine link so she can keep it on her keychain.

Let me know what you think!

Trenton

Back