New knifemaker

New Knifemaker

Hello
My name is Michael Henningsson.

I'm new to this forum and would like to share some of my creations with you and hopefully get some comments.

I have been a part-time knife maker for two years and I make folding knives.

I hope you like them and I look forward to being part of this forum.

Mike
DSC09399.jpg

DSC09398.jpg

DSC09400.jpg

DSC09393_2.jpg

DSC09394.jpg

DSC09394.jpg

DSC09396.jpg

DSC07434_2.jpg

DSC07452.jpg

Pearl-3.jpg

Pearl-2.jpg

Really great work, the clip is very attractive - doesn't ugly up the back side of the folder as so many do. I especially like the blade geometry and pattern on DSC07452! And is the lanyard hole on a part of the liner or the frame?

Mahalo nui loa and Aloha!

Hi Chapnelson.

Wow! Thanks for your nice words.

Unfortunately, you will not see all my knives here but I have engraved a couple pocketclip and it was really neat.
I obviously can not put normal pictures here, but it must go through a http / / link
otherwise I could shown with more pictures.

Lanyard hole sits in the back spacer and is not connected to the liner. see photo
DSC07438.jpg

Thank you again.

Mike

Don't care for the style (just preference, not criticism), but the execution is amazing! Excellent, excellent work, and something for the rest of us to strive for. I've been at this about as long as you, and can only say WOW.

Hi Chapnelson.
Lanyard hole sits in the back spacer and is not connected to the liner. see photo
DSC07438.jpg

Mike, thanks for the close up! You really have an eye for detail - very clean. Is it me, the lighting, or are the liners of a different patina/finish/sanding pattern than the bolsters? If that wasn't intentional, I'd say it ought to be as the contrast is attractive.

Mahalo, Chaps

Don't care for the style (just preference, not criticism), but the execution is amazing! Excellent, excellent work, and something for the rest of us to strive for. I've been at this about as long as you, and can only say WOW.

Thanks Travis

It makes me happy when I get comments.
You are right, the design is up to the individual to enjoy and everyone can not enjoy it.

I try as best I can in terms of finish and accuracy, it is very difficult.

Thanks
Mike

Mike, thanks for the close up! You really have an eye for detail - very clean. Is it me, the lighting, or are the liners of a different patina/finish/sanding pattern than the bolsters? If that wasn't intentional, I'd say it ought to be as the contrast is attractive.

Mahalo, Chaps

Hi Chapnelson

The tip I thought would be a glass crusher.
The entire design and lines, I have had the goal that would be a function.
Thus, the function creates the look.

You're right, The liner (titanium) has a shinier surface. This was my second knife that I did and I polished them with a polishing machine. Because the titanium is softer than steel so it has probably caused this difference.

Today I hand sanding to 6000 grit and no polishing, this gives a nicer impression, I think.

Thanks
Mike

You've got my vote. Very nice work.

Thanks Aldo.
I get very happy when I get compliments.
My knives will be at the Atlanta Blade show this June.
Gio from Art Knife Gallery will be there and show them and many other fine knives from other knife makers.

It will be very exciting to hear about what the public says about my knives.

Since I'm new at this so it's always good to get comments.

Mike

Thanks Dan.

I think it is great fun with this forum, you are all so nice and it seems that it is a really good atmosphere for us knife makers here.

I get so much compliments and my confidence growing as it is written about my knives.

Mike

Back