Once a Dagger now a letter opener LOL.

ironarmknives

Bladesmith & Forum Owner/Moderator
so this was going to be a nice dagger BUTT it had its problems as you can see. This is a basket weave pattern ,butt it came apart on me when i was harding it so now its a wavy dagger LOL or a letter opener LOL i had a lot of time in this knife,two day just making the steel,and all the file work, owell !!!!! i was just going to throw it in the i messed up ben but just couldn't ,so this is what i came up with.......what ya think ?????
IMG_7555.jpg

IMG_7552.jpg

IMG_7627.jpg

IMG_7612.jpg

IMG_7605.jpg

IMG_7642.jpg

No matter what you call it, Its a amazing piece of damascus.. And a awesome looking knife! I sure would like to have it in my letter opener collection! :)

The most insane letter opener ever ! Awesome too . You make some nice stuff Clint !

All most ready,made this stand for it ,i need to re-dip it ,i hit a few spots when sharping it that took the etching off DANG IT !!!! LOL ,then shine up the file work to show it off some LOL ,hope the old tax lady likes it. LOL
IMG_7659.jpg

Last edited:
I only wish my problem blades looked that good. That is a striking piece of damascus and a nice save. It would have been a shame to toss it in the "I messed up bin".

Back