12" Toothpick

Raymond Richard

Forum Owner & Moderator
I had started another pipe tomahawk a few weeks ago and in the process the old bones started to complain again. I had the urge to still be making so I ended up grinding this toothpick. Its got a 12" 1084 blade, iron fittings, and curly maple handle. Its just a fuzz over 17".

IMG_3430.JPG

IMG_3436.JPG

IMG_3437.JPG

Ray,

That is one long pointy critter. How hard was it to maintain the centerline? You always surprise me with the pieces you turn out. I love it.
I can relate to the old bones giving you fits. Hang in there.

Fred

Fred, As long as I can stay on my scribed center line on the edge the spine comes out close enough that I can do some minor adjustments when I'm doing the hand rubbing. The hand rubbing bothers my wrist more than the hand forging does. Somebody put a lot of grinder marks on this blade.

If thats the tooth pick the teeth must be real scary......fantastic knife hope to be that good someday

Don't you start getting feeble on me, Ray. I haven't saved up enough to get one of your knives - yet, so you gotta keep making them. I know it ain't the years, it's the miles, but we ain't that old yet. So I'll keep saving and you keep making. By the way, this toothpick is magnificent. The Vietnam Veteran's moving wall is coming here Monday and I'm going down early to help set it up, just like I did the two other times it was here. If you'd like I'll send you some pictures.

Don't you start getting feeble on me, Ray. I haven't saved up enough to get one of your knives - yet, so you gotta keep making them. I know it ain't the years, it's the miles, but we ain't that old yet. So I'll keep saving and you keep making. By the way, this toothpick is magnificent. The Vietnam Veteran's moving wall is coming here Monday and I'm going down early to help set it up, just like I did the two other times it was here. If you'd like I'll send you some pictures.

Denny, Yes, please send my some photo's of the set up. I've only been to one of the traveling walls in the past. They never put them close to where I live anymore, actually they never have but I just don't like driving through or cross town anymore for fear of not finding my way home. As for you wanting one of my knives I always have several on hand so before you spend your made money on that six pack put it in the pig and save it up. When you get enough for a truck load of beer get in touch with me. :D

Thanks to all for the positive comments!

Ray you always impress me with the quality of your knives. As always, great job.
Time isn't very kind to us older fellers. making us slow down. We hope you can continue making art for a long time.

Larry

Back