John Barker and Paul Long...Quite possibly the perfect combination

Motor City Mike

I hope this is the right place to post this.

John Barker 4" Hokkaido with marbled carbon fiber handle and sheath by Paul Long

I know John posted some pics of this knife in his forum but I wanted to share some that I took with the sheath.
Let me say that I don't really own/collect fixed blades...except for Barker's I guess. First time I saw one of his knives I knew I had to have one...or two...or more. John's grinds are some of the best I've seen and for whatever reason I'm drawn to his work.
The marbled carbon fiber is sooo cool. It appears to move and take on different patterns as the light angle changes. Kind of like a kaleidoscope.
I was super stoked (is anybody still using 'stoked' anymore?) to get this one and I wanted a top quality sheath for it. John put me in touch with Paul Long and wow did he hit it out of the park.
Paul made me this one with shark inlay. I think the black on black sheath looks killer with the marbled carbon fiber. (Killer?? that sounds dated too
rofl.gif
)
Anyway, I wish I was a better photographer. My pics don't do either the knife or sheath justice. Believe me, they're much better in person.

Thanks John and Paul

Barker004r.jpg

Barker088r.jpg

Barker069r.jpg

Barker050r.jpg

Barker034r.jpg

Barker117r.jpg

Last edited:
You got two who are top of their game on that one. John makes great knives, I have been clicking on his links for a long time, and Paul, well you wont get better than him when it comes to leather work.

Back