Number 1 Complete!

Livnoutdoorsxd9

Well I finished my first knife! It's a 440C blade with lacewood scales attached with aluminum corbys and a stainless tong tube. I did a super glue finish and finish sanded it to 1200 grit. I took the mirror finish on the bolsters down to the satin finish of the corbys. I learned a lot from making this one and plan to learn much much more! I know it's not perfect but then again, nothing ever is to me. Here's some pics. Let me know what you think!
dscn2931.jpg
dscn2929t.jpg

I didn't mean to detract, I was going to say that puts my first to shame if you made that from scratch! Nice work, the grip looks nicely rounded and comfortable, which a lot of guys overlook on the first.

Nice knife L9... congrats!!
My Modern Skinner kit came in today. Looks like fun!

You did a good job on that. I love the look of the lace wood and as others have said, it looks like you did a good job rounding out the grips.

Thanks everyone! Since those pics, I got a sheath for it and put a lanyard through the tong hole. My scale material was 3/8" thick so it left for a pretty thick handle, in the future i'll probably go with 1/4" thick scales

Back