Looking for a knifemaker class somewhere near southern California

ironstein

Hi, my name is Brian, i have been blacksmithing and making pattern welded billets for a few years now. I am looking for a knifemaker who is willing to give me some tips and pointers, or an outright class. I will travel if needed, i would like to learn more about knifemaking from a pro. I was fortunate to learn some blacksmithing from Brian Brazeal when he lived in California. I would be happy to pay, and bring anything you think i may need. Anyone somewhat near so Cal, hit me back and lets see what we can make happen. I am a union ironworker by trade, and work is slow so i figured it would be a good time to learn.
Thanks
Brian

Ok, one more question. Anyone have any recommendations for good bladesmith programs or schools? Like i have stated in my previous post, i have been blacksmithing a few years, made some knives, love making damascus, and i would like to delve deeper into the knifemaking world. Any bladesmithing communities or groups i could join?

Hi Brain, Michael Vagnino ( mvknives.com) is a master bladesmith with the American Bladesmith Society. He is in Visalia Ca. and offers one on one instruction. and he is a great guy. Ths ABS ( americanbladesmith.com ) has a school in Arkansas give it a look. Scott

I'm in San Diego, I'm usually in the shop on either Sat or Sun, whichever day I'm not working. PM me if you want to come by.

Eric

Back