I'm still alive..

J S Machine

Just wanted to drop in and say hello! I have been very busy lately with work and life, and am also in the process of building a shop behind my house. I have not been on the forum in a while, but rest assured I still think about you guys often. I have not made another knife since I did the slip joint WIP, but I have several blanks ready to go. I also have several different handle materials to work with. I also have the 4 blanks of damascus a few of us got from pakistan (I think that was where we got it from). I'm looking forward to picking back up on it soon.

Once the shop is completed, I will be moving all of my knife making stuff out there to better facilitate making them. It is about 80% complete. All I have left to do is exterior siding and wiring. I'm at a standstill on the wiring at the moment because I live inside the city limits and they won't let me wire it. I have to pay a licensed electrician to come in and do the work, and I'm trying to find ways around that. I did not budget for that kind of cost. Building depts..

I will be attending blade in Atlanta this year. I made the trip last year, but unfortunately I didn't get to see but about 15 minutes of the show.

Looks like you guys haven't missed a beat :)

Yup, you've been away. Didn't make it to Batson's this year either. See, you didn't think that I would notice did you?

Usually if it is "Owner Built" you just have to get it inspected or maybe get a licensed electrician to sign off on it.,,,,,,with an agreement with an electrician that you were working under him. Sometimes it is just asking the right questions. Don't forget to tell them that this is not a residence.

Thanks, Wayne. I don't think I am going to get a licensed electrician to sign off on it. Seems that from what they are telling me, if something happens down the road they are liable. The few that I have mentioned it to don't like the idea at all.

It is not habitable space, but the city is still strict in their rules. They still require it to be done professionally.

They are just making licensing fees and taking care of their buddies. A bunch of ,,,,(supply your own adjectives.)

Back