Ram horn anyone? Tsunami Damascus Folder pics.

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
Heres one I just finished up for a gentleman. I hope he likes it.. See when he commissioned this knife, We had planned on having a Bear head inlay on the handle, After many, and I mean alot of trys, This inlay was not gona happen as planned. Im not use to having to tell a customer I cant do something, yet this was one of them times I had to.. Thankfully he was very understanding and we quickly came up with another plan of attack and here are some pics of the finished knife..

Specs. OAL 8 inches. Closed 4 1/2
Damascus, HHH Forge Tsunami pattern blade and bolsters with matching back spacer..
Handle material, Alaskan Ram Horn..
Liner lock. Stainless frame and hardware.
Thorn and vine file-work
Pocket clip.Tip down carry

As always, Comments and critiques are welcomed..

Attachments

• Ram Horn folder. HHH Knives 021.jpg
    Ram Horn folder. HHH Knives 021.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Ram Horn folder. HHH Knives 030.jpg
    Ram Horn folder. HHH Knives 030.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Ram Horn folder. HHH Knives 002.jpg
    Ram Horn folder. HHH Knives 002.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 41
  • Ram Horn folder. HHH Knives 022.jpg
    Ram Horn folder. HHH Knives 022.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 40
Denny, Thanks much. The Ram Horn works similar to buffalo horn if you have ever used that.. I like the stuff, But it does stink when you work it! :) but polishes up like glass and has a iridescent quality that I really like!

I got lucky and was offered a matched set of rams horns from a customer in Alaska.. As partial payment for a custom knife.. Matched set of horns!! Ooh YEA! So when I cut them into scales, I was able to make Book Matched sets.. cutting each horn the same so I ended up with matching pieces.. Pretty cool and adds alot to the look in my opinion.. I have purchased ram horn scales from a few suppliers.. and inevitably.. the figure and contour of them are always different.. :( Sry about rambling on , But Im just much happier about using the stuff now that I can cut the scales and get the look I want. :)

God Bless
Randy

Thank you guys, This one made the long trip to its new home. My customer emailed and said it arrived and hes really happy!

Back