Sweet and sticky!

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
To my surprise , I received a package today! It was a rather large and heavy box.. Turns out it was from a friend/customer and fellow Knife Dog.. :biggrin:

It was 2 quarts of the sweet and sticky Michigan maple syrup! Needless to say my dinner plans changed right then, I HAD to cook up some pancakes and sausage.. :) and enjoy the sweet yummy goodness! The consistency is perfect and the rich sweet flavor of the syrup was amazing.. quite possibly the best I have ever tasted!

What a great surprise. Im feeling very blessed to have such a great friend..

Thank you Darryl! I know how much time and work go into making this stuff.. Its a labor of LOVE!! and I promise, Im gona LOVE every last drop of this!!! :biggrin:

God Bless YA!
Randy

:) Yes sir!!! Good stuff!!!! Its the best I have ever tasted!

Now I have never made syrup.. But As I understand it, It take 40 gallons of sap to make 1 gallon of syrup!! Thats alot!!!

One thing I know for sure, we will enjoy every last bit of it!! :) Again Thank you Darrel!

God Bless YA!
Randy

Randy, you are quite welcome. I am happy that you find to your taste. Yes it is a lot of work, but it's a labor of love!. Tapping trees and hanging buckets, picking up sap every day in 5 gal buckets while walking on snow shoes. Emptying into 10 gal milk cans and hauling it to the evaporator shack, filtering it into the holding tank then cooking it down to the right consistency and sugar content. This year is was about 45gal of sap to one gallon of syrup. Watching the evaporator for 16hrs a day to make sure it has a slow dribble of fresh sap as it boil and evaporates the water to maintain a constant level in the evaporator. Firing up the wood box every 15-20 minutes. Cutting and splitting dry wood in between times.

But that time of the year there isn't much else to do and it's a hobby for my friend and I. We look forward to it every winter and staring talking and planing in December. We wind up giving near all of it away each year, keeping only enough for our families to last until next season. We don't make a tremendous amount as we are not a big operation but we do make some people happy each syrup season! :)

Darrel, Thats awesome my friend. I know Hunter my youngest son and I will be fighting over the last drop of this years syrup! :) He came home from school today and asked for PANCAKES for a snack! The kid knows whats up.. LOL

Again I thank you its been a pleasure getting to know you.. Not just for all the curly maple or the sweet syrup.. LOLOL and I count myself blessed to call you friend.

God Bless YA!
Randy

Back