Twisted damascus thanks to Bob

CTaylorJr

Bob Warner that is...

Ok, I've been gone for a bit, well actually quite a while, but I have a good excuse; work sucks! I've been traveling a LOT for work and haven't been able to do much.

OK, I through whining and will now start talking about my latest conquest! I hammered out some damascus! Well, I think I did... Bob hasn't seen it yet and he won't until tomorrow, but I think it looks good thus far!

Some may remember when I made this little billet over at Bob's place back last summer. I layered a LOT of pieces of banding material together, heated them up, beat the @#$% out of them, and then twisted them up! Ran out of time and had to bring the billet home with me. Told Bob I'd bring it back to his place to finish it. Well, Bob and I have gotten together a few times since then, but we've done other stuff.

Earlier tonight I ran across the twist and figured I'd do something with it! The following pics show what I chose to do...

This is what the twist looked like after Bob mentored me while making it.
DSC_0333-1.jpg

This is the end of it after sanding and etch...
DSC_0334-1.jpg

Now we come to today! Pics in the "baby" forge I have...
DSC_0927.jpg

DSC_0925.jpg

What it looks like while being beat into shape on a CHEAP anvil...
DSC_0947.jpg

Looks kinda like a knife here...
DSC_0946.jpg

Don't jack with me when it's time to pull the steel from the forge!!!
DSC_0930.jpg

Where I am thus far...
DSC_0962.jpg

Like I said, Bob is coming over tomorrow and I'll probably get the riot act read to me, but I had fun! LMAO!

Charlie

Last edited:
Back