Tamboti Hunter

tedinatl

This is my latest creation for a colleague of mine - a fairly plain-jane slightly dropped point hidden tang hunter. I initially thought the handle was a little bit too thin, but it actually sits in the hand very nicely.

The blade is CPM 154 CM 3/16" thick, 1 1/14" wide and 4 1/2" long. 410 SS guard and pin and a Tamboti handle. The blade and front of the guard are mirror polished, the rest of the guard is 800 grit hand rubbed.

Comments/critique are always welcomed. Let me know what you guys think! This is my 6th completed knife.

The original design:

FKBowie2.jpg

Some pics:

FKHunter_01.jpg

FKHunter_02.jpg

FKHunter_03.jpg

FKHunter_04.jpg

FKHunter_05.jpg

FKHunter_06.jpg

Thanks for looking, guys!

Looks great!

And unless I am chopping something, I like a nice thin handle on most of my knives...

Ted looking great, love working with Tamboti. Got a couple of nice dead Tamboti trees on the farm in Warmbath.

Thanks guys. This was my first attempt at a hidden tang and stainless guard, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. Also my first time to play with stainless, and I think I'm going to stick with it!

Thankas Fergy35. The tamboti has to be one of the biggest surprizes i've had while working with wood. It looked nice when i picked up the block, but one i started working it, it really came to life! Unfortunately my crappy pics don't really do it justice...

Back