Slipjoint #003

Sean Cochran

Okay after one burned finger two blistered thumbs, several curses, swearing to quit knives and become a monk, and more hours than I care to mention, here is my third slipjoint. I just need to finish sanding the bolsters (ran out of paper!)

ATS34
SS liners with N/S bolsters
ebony scales
Let me know what you think.
thanks
Sean
HPIM0285.jpg

HPIM0288.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys. There is so much to making these, I think that is why I like them so well.

Sean

Yeah Sean, that looks great! Didn't you have a thread going somewhere showing like six of these bad boys all laid out? :D Addictive for sure.

Yeah Sean, that looks great! Didn't you have a thread going somewhere showing like six of these bad boys all laid out? :D Addictive for sure.

Dave
Yeah, then I put them in the what are you working on thread. Should get part of them finished up this weekend if all goes well.

Sean

Well here's hoping all goes well this weekend! 2thumbs

I've had one hell of a morning. Was bead blasting a small blade and the 'trigger' on the gun got stuck open. So when I finished the blade I took the gun apart and got that working again. Then I was getting ready to Gun Kote the blade and my air brush wouldn't blow the phosphorous. So I took that apart and got it working again. But it drips from the tank, so I didn't get something put back together right. Undaunted, I sprayed the knife with the phosphor, ate breakfast and went back down to spray on the Gun Kote. Ran like a ... well, it ran all over the blade. So now I'll be taking that off to start all over. :D

Dave,
Put down the knife and step away from the shop!
Just kidding, but sometimes when nothing is going right I just have to put everything away and start over the next day.

Sean

Back