You can see this at Blade.

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
I took a little break from turkey hunting so in my spare time I knocked this little beauty out.
Sandvic 13-c-26 blade, 59Rc,titanium liners, jeweled as usual, bronze bolsters and spacer, and mammoth ivory (core).

This is a new modle for me and I've never patinad any bronze like this before so I am very interested in feedback about this knife.

I will have this on my table at The Blade show if ya'll want to take a look.

Very nice Calvin. The bolsters compliment the mammoth very well. Great looking piece.

Hi Calvin,
Your bolsters intrigue me. Could you explain your process?

Thanks
Steve Hostetler

Steve,
A friend of mine told me about the process to do this. In a tupperware container I buried the bronze bolsters in salt then put an open container of amonia in with it and sealed it all up for 20 hours then took the bolsters out rubbed them lightly with 0000 steel wool then put them back in for 4 more hours then took them out, rinsed with water then applied rennisence wax.

I find pleistocene aged ivory in the rivers when i dive for fossils, im sure the quality is less than those probably but if its whole and 3-5 inches I keep it. Ill have to get up with ya and show ya some. I get a ton of mineralized Mastodon and Mammoth Bone which are thick but dont think of it as scale material its basically stone. I see the show is this weekend but Ill be on the Suwannee River diving for goodies those days, hope to get with ya maybe next week!

Steve Holloway

Knife is really nice.

Back