Bulldog Recurve Kit #1

• Thread starter Ridgeback Knives
  • Start date
R

Ridgeback Knives

So I'm sending the blade off to HT tomorrow, but here is a mock up of the whole thing. I used textured G-10 from Tracy and a 1/4" chainring bolt for the pivot. Since this was my first folder, it's no Mona Lisa. In this one I kinda wanted a tough, field knife, and I wanted it to look the part. After seeing the WIP tutorial (which I looked at after I was done :34:) I saw some things I will definitely change next go-round.
I don't know if its good or bad, but I used shouldered stop pins for the standoffs too. They seemed stronger, and they were already tapped to 2-56.
I broke the tap in the second hole of the clip, Luckily (but not easily) I got the broken tap out and was able to still use the hole. New tap is on the way and I'll be able to fill that little void.
I ordered .010" Phos/Bronze bushings, and these were too thick. .005" are on the way with the new tap.
I'm going to use the cabide dremel bit and jig to do the spring groove next time. This time I used a sanding drum chucked up in the drill press.
I'll probably bring the bevels a little (lot) higher on the next one too.
Please let me know what you think! I like it, but I'm biased.

Attachments

• DSCF3259.jpg
    DSCF3259.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCF3258.jpg
    DSCF3258.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCF3261.jpg
    DSCF3261.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF3260.jpg
    DSCF3260.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 49
Looks good. When I order washers, even if I think I know what size I need, I always order several different sizes. Always.

Not a bad bit of wisdom. I'll add that to ordering more than one tap at a time. :D

Back