Favorite Scale Material for EDC Folder

CDHumiston

KNIFE MAKER
Just wondering what everyone's favorite scale materials are on their EDC folding knives? I'm looking mostly for opinions on Carbon Fiber, G-10, Aluminum and Titanium.

Good burl is the prettiest but G-10 is hard to beat for durability. I don't care for the cold feel of metal scales.

Chris,
My pick is G10, it's durable, comes in lots of colors, can be polished or finished so it has some grip to it, pretty easy to work with too. I like carbon fiber ok but, don't like grinding it much, I do sell lots of it for scales though. I cut some CF for scales yesterday and I still itch a little. I love the look of titanium when it is heat colored but I don't really care for the feel of metal scales of any kind on an EDC.
Bruce

From the list you gave, G10 but you may think about a linen or canvas micarta. My edc is green canvas micarta. Two years and it looks better everyday from pocket abuse.

Titanium, hands down....

14e7c5ae.jpg

Last edited:
Ti is nice, but for ED I would have to vote G-10 or linen Micarta. Both look great and have a great feel in the hand with enough substinance to them that you feel the knife in your pocket regardless of size. The one primarily Ti handled knife I own I refuse to carry out of fear of loosing it. It's so light that I can't feel it in my pocket. I also like the texture of G-10 and linen Micarta in hand.

Back