Mokume and MOP, who'd guess it would look good :)

papi

Hey everyone,

though i'm insanely busy lately, i somehow found time to finish this little baby for a customer... I always wanted to try a mokume and MOP handle combo, but i never really got to it up until now. I'm really happy how it turned out :)

The blade is Chad Nichols multibar twist damascus, bolsters and thumbstud are mokume, and the handle is MOP..

IMG_6566.jpg

IMG_6568.jpg

IMG_6569.jpg

IMG_6570.jpg

IMG_6571.jpg

Feel free to let me know what you think, take care,
Ondrej

PS: sorry about the sucky pics, i didn't really capture the mokume properly...

Thank you guys,

like i said, i had that combo in my head for quite some time, and now that i made it, i'm kinda seeing it wasn't the worst idea ever :)

Thank you for your kind words, they are one of the things that keep me going when it gets tough...

Ondrej

Excellent knife Ondrej! Everything really works well together. You make it look so easy.

Pat

Thank you guys :) The owner picked it up today, and you should see his face :) Lighted up like a little kid at his first carnival :) That kind of stuff makes my mood better everytime :)

Ondrej

Beautiful knife! The symmetry and proportions are amazing. The colors blend really well. I love the shape of the blade and the opener on it. I just wish it was in my collection! Really nice work!
Roger

Back