My fourth 4th

fhf

This is my fourth knife I just finnished.It is 1080+ with curly koa,flat ground with 400 grit finnish on the blade.Tell me what you think,critisism is welcome

IMG_5501.jpg
IMG_5497.jpg
IMG_5500.jpg
IMG_5492.jpg

It looks good. The lines are nice and the grind looks clean. The only problem I see is the sharp angle at the front of your scales seems that it would be a weak area and might be prone to break easily. You can get away with that kind of angle with metal bolsters but wood is more fragile.

Hope that makes sense.

Carey

Thanks for the compliments.Yes the front of the scale are kind of thin,I originally did not plan on them being that thin at the beginning,I did not pay close enough attention to them when cutting the scales and how they would come out finnished,I will next time.

Very interesting design. I have to agree with Carey about the wood at the bolster tips - they seem prone to break off. I further prefer handles that have a bit of contour to them around the palm area - if you look at yours it is completely flat - I prefer something a little more curved so that it fits n the hand bette. It's totally a personal thing, though... Great work all round!

Back