Another one done for the OKCA show, Tactical style in 1095

Mike Turner

Hi All just finished this one up. This one was done as a teaching medium, I have had a young man hanging out in my shop and he is into more tactical style knives and he created a drawing that was very crude so for fun he asked if I would make a knife at the time he did and wanted to have them basically similar design. So I took his drawing and refined it and made it my own design.

Hope you like it, it was a lot of fun teaching him and now if I can teach him to slow down, patients and to stop trying to cut corners I will be a happy man.

Blade is 1095 and has been clay coated. The blade has been hand rubbed to 2500 grit and I used Nick Wheeler's method of polishing out the hamon,Thanks Nick. Scales are Olive Drab/ Camo Green G10 400 grit finish with stainless steel screws.

Blade is 1/4" thick, 1 1/2" wide, 6" long and 11 5/8" long.

1095TacticalfighterA.jpg

1095TacticalfighterB.jpg

Mike, That is a awsome looking tactical. You should do more. I know what you mean about youth slowing down a little. Don't seem to want to enjoy the journey,They just want to get there.

Thanks Bing, I think I will do more but more as a mid tech. Funny thing is the youngster that has been hangin out here is Jeremy Vanschoohoven, he was one of the America's Got Talent finalist. Here is a clip.

[video=youtube;Vj0BTyt-Lfs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj0BTyt-Lfs[/video]

He also apprenticed under me learning the farrier business.

I will have to get him to bring his version over and get teacher/student picks ;).

Back