Forged W2 hunter for the OKCA show

Mike Turner

Hi all here is a hunter I forged from some 2 1/4" W2 I got from Don Hanson. It was clay coated and has been hand rubbed to 2500 grit to bring out the hamon. It has 416 stainless steel bolsters and stabilized black line spalted Oregon Ash with domed 416 stainless steel pins. Also sporting a tapered tang.

Thanks for looking.

Blade is 3/16" thick, 1 3/8" wide, 4 1/4" tip to plunge cut, 9 3/4" overall
ForgedW2HunterwSpaltedOregonAshA.jpg

ForgedW2HunterwSpaltedOregonAshB.jpg

Here a couple of the pics hope you enjoy,

ForgedW2hunterWithSpaltedAshC.jpg

ForgedW2hunterWithSpaltedAshD.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys, this is one of those that will be hard to sell LOL. The wife is taking more pictures so hope to get some better pics, the reflective surfaces are really giving her trouble with this one.

I wish I had a truck load of that ash, I rarely see any wood with that much black line and out of a great big slab I have enough for 2 more knives maybe 3 if I am careful that look just like this :D.

Mike, Very nice hunter. Full tapered tang too. Wish I could be there this year. I always enjoyed the OKCA Show.

Thanks Pieter

Yep full tapered tang too Bing, Ya the wife and I are going to miss talking with you :(. Hope everything is alright?

That's a right fine piece of wood. That knife attached to it makes it look really good. Nice clean lines and I like the raised pins in the handle.

Thats a beauty Mike. I hope its still on the table Friday afternoon so I can see it but I have a feeling it will fly away early on.

Thanks guys, glad to see a lot of comments on the domed pins, I just wanted to try something a bit different.

May stick that one in the Best Hunter Bruce just to make sure it is here when you show up ;).

Back